Operation of Off-Road Articulated Dump Truck moving material and hauling it from the cut to fill on projects. Must have good hand/eye coordination, be able to follow directions closely, be able to maneuver the truck in different situations, perform a walk-around inspection of equipment and be safety oriented.
Note: Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below.
- Timely and regular attendance is essential.
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Move hand and foot controls safely to properly operate Articulated Dump Truck to transport and dump loose material.
- Be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of a machine to exact positions as necessary.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, and written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solving situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Completion of high school or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Safe driving record
- Ability to lift 50lbs. repeatedly throughout a workday
- Basic measurement and calculation skills
- Ability to follow safe working procedures
- Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Speak, read, and write English
- Computer skills an asset
Equal Opportunity Employer, encourage women, veterans, minorities and those with disabilities to apply.
Relocation not offered. No phone calls please.