Relocation offered for the right candidate. Premier Birmingham, AL grading and utility contractor looking for a Civil Construction Superintendent with experience in supervising civil construction for commercial, residential, and industrial projects. Must have extensive experience in site grading, water system installation, sewer system installation, concrete work, and asphalt paving. Responsibilities will include managing grading crews, underground pipe installation crews, and subcontractors. Must be professional in appearance, communication, and execution of the work. Must have a good working knowledge of heavy civil construction equipment. OSHA safety training is a plus but can be completed upon hiring. Candidate can expect multiple interviews. Compensation package will be based upon experience.
- $80,000 + Per Year (Based On Experience)
- Bonus Potential
- 401K Available
- Truck Allowance
- Gas Card
- Company Pays Single Healthcare
- Partial Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Pre-plan of work activities to meet the contract, schedule, and quality requirements including safety action plans.
- Reviews all contracts, project documentation, and plans to ensure they work in the field is built to specifications.
- Oversee field personnel, schedules, and construction operations.
- Manage field operations and coordinate work with other personnel and subcontractors.
- Provide leadership and direction to field crew.
- Responsible for job performance as it relates to company goals, safety audits, and company policies and procedures including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Emphasize safety, quality, and production.
- Trains and motivates employees.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including start-ups, weekly schedules, production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- May operate heavy equipment and assist with labor when needed.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Bridge/Heavy Civil Infrastructure or Heavy/ Highway construction industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards.
- Ability to read and understand project-specific documents including blueprints, schedules, standard plans, and specifications.
- Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and clearly communicate instructions to the crew.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed
- Strong client relations skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to all weather conditions including very wet, hot and cold elements.
This job description does not represent a complete list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There will be other activities and duties as assigned.