TE Stevens Construction is looking to hire a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Perform field maintenance and repair activities on various kinds of heavy construction equipment and trucks including, but not limited to: trucks, trailers, earth movers, paving machines, forklifts, and generators.
- Operate equipment to identify problems and examine equipment for any deficiencies or defects. This includes welding and manufacturing parts and equipment.
- Maintain service logs and records of work completed on all units, as well as keep specialty tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized and properly maintained.
- Must have the initiative, ability, and willingness to perform and assist with other job positions for job completion as requested.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as either a shop or field mechanic, preferably in the construction industry. Welding and fabrication experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate mechanic knowledge and abilities, specifically diesel engines and hydraulic systems knowledge.
- Must have the ability to use specialty tools.
- Responsible for maintaining company service truck with specialty tools.
- Responsible for bringing general mechanic tools.
- Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards.
- Must have a valid CDL license (Class A preferred, will accept class B) and a good driving record required.
- Must have reliable transportation. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and repair construction equipment problems with little or no supervision.
- Must complete and pass a background check and drug test prior to employment, as well as subsequent random drug testing if hired.
- Must wear proper attire at all times including: safety vests, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence is necessary.
- Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with Supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to provide proper documentation that you have the legal right to work in the United States.
- This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat twist, climb heavy equipment several times throughout the day, and balance at heights up to 6 feet from ground level. In addition, you must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as working in confined areas.
- This job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
- This job requires the ability to perform essential job tasks in less than favorable job conditions. These may include, but are not limited to: Performing strenuous work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment.