Motor Grader Operator.
This is a job opening for someone who can operate a heavy piece of construction equipment. To be considered for this position, you must be flexible to work throughout Birmingham and any surrounding areas. Your job site location may change often and without much prior notice. We are currently hiring experienced heavy equipment operators to work on our many projects throughout the Central Alabama Area.
- Operate self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone, to grade specifications in construction and maintenance of roads.
- Shape and finish shoulders and slopes.
- May perform fine or rough grading and be designated Motor Grader, Fine Grade or Rough Grade.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Must have the initiative, ability, and willingness to perform and assist with other job positions for job completion as requested.
- The ideal candidate will have 1 or more years of Motor Grader Operator experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to operate the motor grader, must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply with company policy and safety standards.
- Communication with other operators, truck drivers, and general laborers is critical.
- Effective communication with other operators, truck drivers, and the general public is critical.
- Must have the ability to operate and maintain Motor Grader Machines with little or no supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected.
- Must wear proper attire at all times including safety vests, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
- Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to safely and effectively complete work tasks.
- Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with Supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to provide proper documentation that you have the legal right to work in the United States.
- This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat twist, and climb heavy equipment several times throughout the day, and balance at heights up to 6 feet from the ground level.
- You must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use your hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces, as well as working in confined areas.
- This job requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
- This job requires the ability to perform essential job tasks in less than favorable job conditions. These may include, but are not limited to: Performing strenuous work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease, and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment.