The Welder Fabricator is responsible for using Stick, MIG, and gas torch equipment to repair machine components and attachments as required.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Weld Parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions.
- Complete all welding processes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Fabricate parts per drawings for required parts.
- Rebuild Buckets and other attachments used with earthmoving equipment.
- Perform work using various hand and power tools.
- Perform welding of various metal objects.
- Design and produce new parts per specification.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Read blueprints and/or drawings.
- Maintain adequate stock of welding supplies.
- Communicate issues with repairs or fabrications to manager.
- Must be capable of working overtime, and 6 days a week as needed.
- Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work as a team on projects. Strong record of attendance and reliability.
- Must posses basic reading and math skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties required of this job.
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be able to consistently lift over 50 pounds as required.
- Must be able to lift over 70 pounds with assistance from overhead crane and/or co-workers.
- Working extended periods in a stooping, kneeling, or flat position.
- The welder will work in a shop environment and out in the field as required.
- Exposure to dust, fumes, noise, and vibration is to be expected.
- Exposure to heavy machinery.
- Exposure to environmental elements ( Heat, Cold, Dust, etc).